Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ireland, Day 2, Avoca Handweavers

The building in the back with the two windows with awnings above them, is the home of Avoca Handweavers.  They still scarves and other items by hand weaving.

Our tour guide said this is a typical street in an Irish village.  I told Stephen how people pretty much park in the street in England, I see they do that in Ireland also!




I love this row of houses in Avoca - especially the one that is painted lavender. I also love the plants and the hanging baskets.
 Our last stop was a tour of the handweaving factory in Avoca.  They have a really nice little cafe that has home cooking at the Avoca Handweavers.  We ate first and had a quick tour of the weaving area.

The Wicklow Mountain and Lakes tour was a great way to spend the day and get to see the countryside of Ireland.  I highly recommend if you go to Ireland, get out of the city to see the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment