Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beach at Mundesley

Michael and Debra Parke     at their holiday home in Mundesley, UK

The beach at Mundesley, just a short walk from Michael and Debra's.  I thought this was really neat, a lady was training her horse at the beach.  There are a lot of horses in the UK.

Debra at the beach.  She was bundled up like it was really cold.  I didn't really think it was that cold!
I spent last weekend at the beach.  You all know that I can't be this close to the ocean and not go to the beach!  Sylvia and Butch cruised on the Queen Mary from England to New York back in October and they met a lovely couple Michael and Debra Parke.  Michael and Debra live in Leicester, which is about 2 hours north of Lakenheath.  Debra and I have been e-mailing since before I left home.  We have been talking on the phone and via Skype since I arrived.  We finally had the opportunity to meet this past weekend.   They invited me to spend the weekend at their holiday home in Mundesley, which is on the east coast.   Let me tell you, I could not have asked for a better tour guide!  They took me all over the coast, it was great!  We are hoping to get together again in a few weeks and definitely when Stephen arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment