Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cadbury World


One of the best things about Cadbury World - everything was purple!  Even the employees uniforms, the ladies were wearing purple jacket and pants or skirt with a violet blouse.  The men were wearing a violet shirt with a purple tie and black pants.  The carpet was purple, the walls were purple, it was just wonderful Maybe when I retire from the VA I can get a job there! 
Oh, wait, I would have to move to Birmingham, England. 
No thanks, I love Arkansas!
 
Isn't this cute, a little village of chocolate eggs!

This is all made of chocolate, don't know if you can tell, but is says "Relax on Mothers Day".
Wouldn't all mothers like to be relaxing in the big bubble bath or a big tub of chocolate? 
Either one sounds wonderful! 
He was demonstrating how they make filled chocolate, after they put it in the molds, they cover all the molded cups and pour the remained of the chocolate out, to make hollow pieces of candy, when that hardens they fill it with cream, chocolate, carmel, etc.



Now that is one big Easter egg!



Making a chocolate soccer ball.

This masterpiece of chocolate was made in honor of the 2012 Olympics being held in London.



What could be better than touring a chocolate factory?  The tour was awesome, let me tell you, Guinness could learn a few things from them.  Of course, I guess the audience is quite different touring a chocolate factor as opposed to touring a beer storehouse!  At Cadbury we actually got to tour the manufactoring plant, we saw chocolate being poured into molds, made into soccer balls, eggs, and bunnies; being decorated and packaged.  Of course the best part, was they gave us chocolate all along the way, not just pieces of chocolate but candy bars!  It was a lot of fun.  At the end of the tour, they had a store that was literally everything Cadbury!  The prices were amazing in comparison with the stores.  I bought a bunch of things to send home, I spent about $50.00, but the lady checking out in front of me had so much stuff!  She spend 112 pounds, which $179, now that is a lot of chocolate!  Of course after I left, I was wishing I had bought more to give as gifts!  I have to hurry and mail the Cadbury eggs and other goodies that I bought to send home or they will be gone!



No comments:

Post a Comment