Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 3, Delft

Delft is a really neat little town.  Delft is known for Delft pottery, which is hand painted blue pottery, known as Delft Blue.  There are only three shops that still paint the pottery completely by hand.  We toured one of these shops.  There are many other shops that claim hand painted Delft pottery, but they actually use decal type transfers and then paint clouds or some small thing on the pottery, that is how they get away with claiming hand painted.  I bought a beautiful angel that is for Morgan, but I will keep it in my curio cabinet for her until she gets older.  As you can imagine, the pottery there is a pretty pricey, so I didn't get to buy all the souvenirs that I would have liked to!






We left Delft and headed back to the ferry for the journey home.  For the ferry ride home, I decided to get a stateroom, which was about $25.00, and it was worth every cent!  I had my own bathroom and television and bed, which came in handy for the three hour nap I took!  The ferry ride home seemed a lot faster than on the way over!  We arrived back at the base around 10:30 p.m., just in time to go to bed and get ready to start another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment