Friday, March 25, 2011

Afternoon tea at Emily's Tea Room

Afternoon tea with really nice Royal Doulton china
This is what I ordered:

The Chocolate Afternoon Tea
Chocolate & Praline topped Brioche
Warm Homemade Chocolate Scone with Clotted Cream & Preserve
A Slice of Homemade Cake - ( Black Forest Cake)

A Pot of Chocolate Tea with Chantilly Cream





Nelz Ruiz, the Casualty Assistance Representative at RAF Mildenhall and I went to visit RAF Menwith Hill, when we returned to Mildenhall village, he showed me some of his local favorite places.  Emily's Tea Room is what he suggested for a late lunch.

Emily’s Tea Room is my new favorite place in England!  Emily’s has actually been named one of the top ten tea room’s in the area!   They aren’t just a tea room; they are a licensed tea room!  I knew it was a special place when I walked it and they had a really nice little framed sign that said no children under the age of 12 allowed!   The food was absolutely wonderful; the chocolate tea special that I ordered was almost too pretty to eat!  Everything was sprinkled with glitter.  It was beautiful, and rich..... I couldn't even make a dent in what I ordered, so Nelz helped me, and the remainder, I had wrapped up for him to take to his wife.

Emily’s is located directly across from the bus stop that Stephen will be coming to from the airport, so Emily’s will be the first place I get to take him!  I am sure he will be as excited about it as I am!  If you all get a chance, look up www.emilystearoom.co.uk and you will be able to see their awesome menu and get a taste of what a wonderful place it is!   

Thanks Nelz for the introduction!

No comments:

Post a Comment