Friday, April 1, 2011

I feel so old!

Hey yall!  I haven’t taken time to write much this week.  I have been having back problems now for two weeks.  It started two weeks ago after work on Thursday, March 17th.  Fortunately, on March 18th, they were able to get me in to see the doctor.  I am seen on space available basis here at the base.  I saw Dr. Roberts, she was great.  It was fun (as fun as a doctor’s appointment can be!)  because I got to give her information that she wanted regarding her VA Loan Guaranty benefits.  Anyway, I gave a urine sample and took an abdomen x-ray, she diagnosed me with either a kidney stone or constipation.   I got to drink some of the good cleansing drink that you get when you are preparing for a colonoscopy.   It went to work right away and yes, my back still hurt!
I felt a little better that Saturday, so that is when I went to Mundesley for the weekend.  My back felt pretty good until this past Saturday it started hurting again.  I am so glad that it was better last week, because I went to RAF Menwith Hill, which is about three hours north.  I don’t know if I would have made it if my back was hurting the way it is now!  Thank you Lord for taking care of me!
I went to Braintree Designer Outlet Mall last Saturday, it was nice, but my back started hurting while I was there.  The drive home was about 1.5 hour and it seems likes 7.5 hours!  Day light savings time started early Sunday morning, the weather has been beautiful, but I have felt lousy!  I have gone home after work every day and went to bed! 
Dr. Roberts is only here on Tuesday and Friday, so I e-mailed her yesterday and told her that my back had been hurting all week and the hydrocodone wasn’t even touching the pain.  I tried to call first thing this morning to get in to see her, with no luck.  I checked around with my British co-workers and was preparing to spend my Saturday at the local hospital, when the Family Medical Center called to inform me that Dr. Roberts had requested some lab work and a CT scan to look for a kidney stone.  I went for the lab work today and will be scheduled for the CT scan next week.  Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this.   In the meantime - sounds like this may be another weekend that of rest and hanging around my room! 
It’s like I told Dr. Roberts in my e-mail, I have two more months over here and I really need to feel better!  In addition to a lot of work left to do, I have a lot of sightseeing to fill my non-duty hours!  It really isn’t fun not feeling well when you are so far from home!  Say a prayer for me and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment