Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bath

Bath Abbey, built in 1499 on the site of an earlier cathedral that was built in the 8th century.


Roman Baths


Head of Minerva was found in 1727.


The Circus, built in 1754.

The Pulteney Bridge, construction was completed in 1773.
Bath is a beautiful city.  The Roman Baths are so awesome.  There are so many Roman ruins there.  I am sure that Bath was spectacular in Roman times! I was almost ready to give up when I finally found a parking place!  I kept telling myself that I had driven four hours; I was not leaving until I got to go exploring!  It was such a beautiful day; I guess everyone had the same idea!  I had written down all of the Post codes for all of the park and rides in the city, so I checked all of them out, the very last one on the list had some parking places, all the others were full!

No comments:

Post a Comment