Saturday, February 26, 2011

No trip to Bahrain

I was supposed to be flying to Bahrain today, but that has been cancelled.  We may try to get it rescheduled before I leave, but we will just have to see how things are over there in the next month or two.  I have mixed feelings about this, I really wanted to visit Bahrain and was looking forward to meeting the service members that are stationed there, but I was not thrilled about the thought of all the demonstrations going on in that part of the world.

Sunday through Thursday, I will be working for Bahrain, but it will be from the convenience of my room.  I will be available from 4:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. each day to answer calls from them.  Since it is not possible for me to be there in person, I am going to be hold my interviews over the phone.  I have a DSN (a military phone line) phone in my room, so I will not even have to go to the office each day!  That will be nice, but I bet by Thursday I will really be sick of this room!

My trip to Dublin is still on for Friday, so I am looking forward to that! I am working this weekend on getting my Amsterdam, Holland and Delft pictures uploaded, so more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment