Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Going South


I am standing at the Education Center, at RAF Croughton, the main gate it to the right.  The view is awesome!



This is a house that is near Croughton, actually it is a farm that I guess you can visit, there is a sign on the gate the says "A Day Out at the Farm"
 


More of the countryside close to Croughton.
  Thursday I went to RAF Croughton.  This is a beautiful base out in the country.  The temporary lodging at RAF Croughton is outstanding!  I had a nice big room with a living room and my own kitchenette!  Oh how I wish I could have that at Lakenheath!  When I read the directions that had been written by a former VA Rep he said that you go through 29 roundabouts.  Oh my goodness, he was not kidding!  For me this was more like 50 roundabouts because I had to go through several of them more than once.  Let's just say I got to hear Ms. Britt say re-calculating more than once on this trip!  Just outside the fence across the road from my office there were sheep grazing.  The countryside is just so beautiful with sheep, horses and cows.  The fields are so green, you would never know that it is winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment